BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
To make our service more efficient we encourage all of our patients to make an appointment with a doctor or nurse. This can be arranged with our reception in person or by phone (045 521361) lines are open between 9am – 6pm Mon to Fri.
If the problem is urgent please contact reception and we will do our best to assist you. There is always a Doctor on call.
While you are free to attend any of the doctors in the practice, it is often best to follow illnesses through with the same doctor, where possible. If the doctor of choice is not available you may see one of the other doctors or wait until your own doctor is available.
Medical card Patients need to be formally registered with the practice before they can attend.
If you cannot attend your consultation, please let us know as soon as possible as another patient may be able to avail of the appointment.
For information on dealing with Minor illnesses eg. Head colds, tummy bugs visit undertheweather.ie
URGENT OR ROUTINE APPOINTMENTS
If you have an urgent medical matter today and you feel you require medical attention, please talk to our reception staff.
This is not for:
- Treatment for minor medical problems
- Treatment for non-urgent longstanding issues (e.g. back pain of 2 weeks duration)
- Renewing repeat prescriptions
- Provision of certificates or notes for work
- Head colds and minor tummy bug ( visit undertheweather.ie )
- Longstanding medical problems ( e.g. Irritable bowel syndrome, period pains and dermatitis)
- Providing care of individuals who are not patient of Kildare Medical Centre
There is always someone who needs to be seen urgently, so you co-operation in this matter helps your friends and neighbours in Kildare and may help you someday should you require an urgent appointment.
Watch our short video below to help distinguish between an urgent and routine appointment: