We are acutely aware of the increased interest men are taking in their own health, and aim to provide a comprehensive range of services to match that interest. Whether it’s testicular cancer awareness in younger men or prostatic issues in older men, we can advise and investigate as necessary.
However, we always remain aware that the biggest cause of premature illness and death in Irish men remains heart disease, so don’t be surprised if we bring the conversation around to your diet, your cholesterol or your lifestyle.
GENERAL HEALTH, PREVENTION AND LIFESTYLE
We offer a comprehensive range of services:
- Raised blood pressure, heart disease and concerns about both
- Minor illness
- Anxiety, depression and other psychological illness
- Muscular problems, backache and sports injuries
- Asthma, bronchitis and chest problems.
- Sexual health, issues around sexuality
- Urinary and genital problems/concerns
- Work/relationship related stress and fatigue
- Chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes, epilepsy etc.
- Old age related disease and disability
- Dietary advice
- Exercise advice
The male prostate gland can often enlarge as men age. This can have a number of causes, signs and symptoms. At Kildare Medical centre we can discuss any concerns you might have and provide you with information and appropriate treatments or screening as required.
- Prostate Cancer
Visit cancer.ie for more information.
Sexually transmitted diseases are an increasing feature of everyday general practice. Anybody can present with an STI from even a single sexual encounter with an infected person.
We offer comprehensive sexual health screening service including full STI testing, and treatment where required.
Screening and testing for:
- Genital Warts
- Genital herpes
- Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Hepatitis B & C
- Syphilis and HIV
You can talk to any member of staff in confidence about any query you may have.